Implants are called elements, which replace the lost tooth root. Dental implants are implanted into the bone of the jaw and the jaw surgery is performed by a dental surgeon. After placing implants in the alveolar bone it is possible to perform the restoration, which will imitate the patient’s natural teeth. Depending on the individual circumstances of the patient, implants can be supplemented by a crown, bridge, or full reconstruction of occlusion.
The implants are made primarily of titanium. Titanium combines two unique features which are not found in any other element. First, human organism perfectly tolerates materials made of it, or what is more important, it is extremely durable. This makes it akin to natural tooth roots, which have to endure extremely high loads.
The advantages of dental implants are: durability and reliability of this type of reconstruction and a great similarity to the natural tooth implants, both in terms of functionality and design. In addition, reconstruction of the implant does not require any infringement (grind) to healthy adjacent teeth, as it is in the case of bridges reproducing missing teeth. What’s more, the implants give a favourable distribution of the force and prevent bone loss that occurs after the loss of teeth (movable dentures intensify the process of bone loss).
Is it already time for implants?
Dental implants are implanted when natural teeth are lost. The decision to fill the missing tooth is often taken for aesthetic reasons. However, from a medical point of view, replenishing only the front teeth is not a good solution. Lack of molars interferes with the proper chewing, which sometimes affects both the aesthetics and on our health. Lack of molars prevents proper shredding of food, leading to the development of gastrointestinal diseases, it increases the symptoms of hyperacidity and peptic ulcer disease. In addition, deficiencies in the lateral part cause muscle spasms, which result in recurrent headaches.
Implants are performed in our Clinics by polish doctor Łukasz Wojszwiłło. Dental Corner has been placing dental implants for many years with great success. You will be in experienced and skilled hands at our clinic.
There are many protocols to place and restore dental implants, but we believe in the ones that generic studies and our own experience have proven to be the most successful.
Advantages of implants:
- Lasting, fixed reproduction of missing teeth for a patient
- Ensure complete comfort, without fear that someone will recognize supplements made on implants
- Restoration of normal chewing function, which allows you to eat your favorite foods without any restrictions
- Protection against bone loss
Thanks to their application:
- You can restore individual teeth without grinding healthy teeth located in their neighbourhood
- it is possible to rebuild several teeth
- for people, who completely lost their teeth, it is possible to embed on implants a special structure, giving infinitely more comfort of speaking and eating foods compared to conventional dentures.